Monday, October 29, 2007

10/29 aka set your goals and mannie fresh

i'm seeing set your goals tonight...
but that surprisingly isn't what this is about.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cXdAk8ffmTY
watch that video and come back to me. go ahead, i'll wait.

now...
i love mannie fresh, i always have. any dude that includes the lyrics "big titties, big cities" in their songs is okay in my book. however, the above video completely blew my mind the first time i saw it...it is a video/track about obtaining/cutting up/dealing coke with a bunch of children in the video and a bunch of children singing the hook. i should be offended, but i think it is completely hilarious and it made me like mannie fresh even more, just because it is so out of hand. i mean, why did he even think about having children sing the hook? when you're writing a song about trap houses and such, do you usually think about little kids?
then again, mannie also came up with the lyrics "i'm still hood rich bitch, you know who i are. they don't wanna fuck me they wanna fuck my car", and "throwin' big chairs, pushin' down stairs. disrespectin' hoes, pullin' out weave hairs."
it's really hard not to love mannie fresh, trust me, but i can't help but wonder if he would appreciate me as much i him if we ever hung out.

i think we'd get along just fine.

No comments: